It's been a few weeks since I linked up with Sharon at Pintangle, to show works in progress. This isn't because I've been idle, but there hasn't really been a lot to show. I seem to be at that point in several projects where you simply get on with them and wallow in the meditative process of doing repetitive actions.
But there has been progress…
I found the perfect backing for my white quilt, a creamy cotton batik, which you can see at the top of the above photo. It was love at first sight and I think the texture is far more suited to this quilt than a Liberty lawn, which was my initial preference–the batik is more pocket friendly too! Now that the layers are basted together, I can get on with the quilting (such as it is). The original plan was to hand tie this quilt, but I've changed my mind and have decided to embroider little stars instead at each junction of the patchwork. That's a lot of stars!
Meanwhile, I've been working on my log cabin cushions and the second lot of blocks are half way done. As I've said before, I love the portability of EPP, so when these blocks are complete, I'll definitely be starting on something else.
PS: There'll be more to follow on the fabric bomb idea–I hadn't forgotten, just working out a few details.