My work has appeared in…

Thursday 21 February 2013

A Modesty Screen for Willow


This must be the most ridiculous thing I have ever made: remember all those quarter square triangles? Well, they have now been put to good use as panels for Willow's modesty screen. Confused? Let me explain; Willow is our cat and she's getting on in years, we're not entirely sure how many as we got her from a cat sanctuary, but she is very old indeed. Until quite recently, she has been the perfect feline, haughty and meticulously clean. But thanks to her increasing years (and being terrorised by local Tom cats) she has started to leak around the house.

Worried that she might soil our precious kilims we decided to do something about the situation fast. But who wants to look at a litter tray–not us. And fortunately, it seems Willow prefers to do her business in private, so we made her her own little bathroom, complete with a Chinese themed modesty screen.

I can't believe what I'm more shocked by, the effort we went to in order to make the screen, or the fact that I'm posting about it! Many hours were spent, sawing, painting and sewing, and all for the benefit of a cat who shows us no respect, no matter how much attention we lavish upon her!

But I guess that's what happens when you don't have kids, you spend far too much time worrying about cats!

What's the most bonkers thing you've ever made?

Elizabeth,
x.

1 comment:

  1. A pincushion out of a cow-shaped milk jug, or leg warmers for a dog would be high on my bonkers list.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, I'd love to hear from you!