My work has appeared in…

Friday 30 August 2013

Must fly…


Hopefully, it will be too warm for fingerless mittens where we're going, but I can't sit on a plane for hours with nothing to do. So knitting it is, since scissors, pins, rotary cutters, needles, and quite possibly sewing machines, aren't allowed in the cabin. This is the most beautiful yarn to knit with: a hand-dyed blend of silk, mohair and cashmere that just glides through the fingers.

I just wish I'd found this tip for winding a skein into a centre-pull ball of yarn beforehand. Next time, I'll know better!

Elizabeth,
x.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a knitter, but I think this was one of the best tips in a long time. It will be perfect for my wool embroidery projects! Thanks for sharing and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, I'd love to hear from you!