My work has appeared in…

Monday 4 November 2013

White quilt–pollen


Here's another block I'm working on for my white quilt. It reminds me of pollen and seedlings floating on the breeze–not sure if that's a good image, or if it just makes my nose itch! I've used scraps of old lace, bits of muslin and a very thin and worn piece of linen for the background. The yo-yos are stuffed to give the block more relief and texture.


The rest of the background will be made up of kantha, french knots and bullion stitches. That's a lot of stitching, so if it starts to look a bit stitch heavy, I'll add more snippets of lace.

Elizabeth,
x.

1 comment:

  1. It is looking good so far.
    In Japanese TV commercials for hay fever remedies, pollen, illustrated by computer graphics, looks just like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, I'd love to hear from you!