My work has appeared in…

Thursday 11 July 2013

Time flies…

So quickly, in fact, that more that a year has passed since I started blogging! To celebrate, I've given myself a facelift, including a new profile pic (why I thought the old one, of an upside down ram's head summed me up is a mystery). When I first started blogging, I wasn't sure how long it would be for–a few weeks, possibly a couple of months, there was no definite commitment, just a 'we'll see how it goes' approach. After all, I've never kept diaries or had pen pals, so declaring my crafty opinions to the world, initially felt rather strange and egoistical. To get around the feeling of awkwardness, I decided to treat the blog like an online sketchbook, or portfolio, with the added bonus, that blogging somehow forces me to follow through on things I say I'm going to do.


A few makes from the last 12 months


The best thing about blogging though, is other bloggers: you get to learn so much from them,and discover people from all over the world who share the same interests as you. So here's to the next year of learning and blogging, I'm off to buy myself a blogiversary cake!

Elizabeth,
x.

PS: I'm still tweaking so please bear with me while I fiddle with the layout and adjust type sizes that can currently only be read with a telescope.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations..........here's to the next year of blogging, enjoy you blogiversary cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very elegant and beautiful, like your work. Happy blogiversary. I always look forward to seeing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! Your website and projects are beautiful. I especially love the Starry Quilt you did last year!

    Gayla
    myquiltingnotebook.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Gayla! I'm cheating slightly with the Star quilt, although I finished it within the last 12 months, I actually started it beforehand.

      Delete
  4. Very elegant new look. Look forward to the next year of inspirational projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look and congrats on the anniversary! I am looking forward to all your inspiring projects!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, I'd love to hear from you!